Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Kathy Griffin tells Jesus to suck it



Kathy Griffin decided the joke was on Jesus when she accepted her Outstanding Reality Program Award at The Emmys Saturday.

In her acceptance speech, Griffin said, "A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus. Suck it, Jesus. This award is my god now." Oh my word.

When asked about her speech, an "unrepentant" Griffin added, "I hope I offended some people. I didn't want to win the Emmy for nothing." Uhh, Overkill. Just when she was moving on up.

Griffin's comments did not sit well with Sherri Shepherd, who is also a stand-up comic. On The View yesterday, Shepherd said, "I love Kathy but I was trying to text her, 'Girl, you know you ain't supposed to be saying no mess like that.' There's just a line that you shouldn't cross, there's a reverence for God that we should have."

An Academy spokeswoman said Griffin's taped acceptance speech will be "heavily censored when it airs at the official Emmy Awards on Sunday." Awww. After all of those desperate comments. Bummer.

E!

Photo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her comments sicken me. I had always found her borderline amusing but after this, never again.

Anonymous said...

Matthew 15:11
What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' "

Anonymous said...

It's about time someone said something like that! Way to go Kathy!

I'm sick of people thanking God or Jesus for all kinds of stupid things.